Marking the first phase of Innovation Birmingham’s £30 million campus expansion plan, iCentrum has 42,149 sq ft of open work space and self-contained offices.
Set over three floors and a mezzanine level, the £8 million building creates the optimum environment for innovative collaboration between innovative start-ups and corporate partners.
As Innovation Birmingham Campus’ flagship conference venue, iCentrum also comes fully furnished including; 40” and 65” plasma screens, HD 6-metre-wide presentation video wall and free 30Gb/sec internet and super-fast Wi-Fi access with flexible space ideal for training, conference, exhibitions, networking and product launches.
Ultimately, iCentrum builds on the success of the existing Innovation Birmingham Campus by promoting community dynamics and catalysing interaction to allow for the growth of innovative start-ups.
Serendip® Smart City Incubator
Sitting at the heart of iCentrum, the Serendip Smart City Incubator provides market access and expertise for digital start-ups through close partnerships with major organisations, accelerating the early growth of businesses.
By co-locating your promising start-up business with large, existing commercial partners, Serendip provides a platform for innovators to refine their products and services with real commercial partners; enabling them to take their business to investors along with commercial opportunity and routes to market.
With six months free co-working space alongside big name brands including Barclays, Wayra, West Midlands Academic Health Science Network, Transport for West Midlands and Transport Systems Catapult, start-ups also benefit from:
• 30Gb/sec high-speed internet and superfast Wi-Fi connectivity
• Admission to over 140 specific start-up and innovation-focussed events
• Use of 200-seat presentation auditorium with 6m+ wide HD presentation screen
• Access to the Campus’ growing community of over 1000 digital innovators
• Free business promotion on our digital signage, website and social media channels
• Meeting room and event facilities for 2 – 500 delegates
• 1-2-1 mentoring and business advice
• Access to commercial partners’ databases of market influencers, clients and collaborators
• Secure on-site parking
• Telecommunication support and PR services
• Two on-site cafés – Café Resource and Six Degrees